WEBINAR | The State of Cities: How Does Statewide Policy Affect Smart Cities?
April 20, 2017
1:00-2:00 PM CDT
State policy can have a profound impact on smart cities by influencing priorities, establishing advanced infrastructure, and emphasizing regional initiatives that cross municipal boundaries. In Indiana, the state’s Technology and Innovation Council has a pulse on innovation and believes that IoT could accelerate the state’s innovation economy over the coming years.
- Learn how Indiana began the statewide smart city conversation (and how you can, too!)
- Examine challenges they faced and unexpected outcomes
- Explore how the state conversation impacts smart city initiatives
- Chelsea Collier, Editor At Large, Smart Cities Connect
- Mark Lawrance, Vice President of Engagement and Innovation Policy at Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and Director of the Chamber’s Technology and Innovation Council
- John McDonald, CEO of ClearObject, Chair of State Chamber Technology and Innovation Council, and President-Elect of Venture Club
- Lauren Riga, Smart Cities Analyst and Faculty Member, Indiana University-Purdue University Indiana (IUPUI) School for Public & Environmental Affairs (SPEA)